Northrepps is a small quiet village with it's fair share of flint cottages and rural outbuildings.
Northrepps church, St Mary the Virgin, pre dates 1066, but further building/repairs were carried out during the 12th to 15th centuries. It is both large and beautiful for a village church and well worth a visit. It has memorials to many well known previous Northrepps residents, including the ' Gurney' family.
In the early part of the 19th century Northrepps Hall ( home of the Gurney family) was used for experiments of the famous 'Breeches Buoy'. These were carried out under the directions of Miss Anna Gurney, who, due to her enthusiasm in saving lives at sea, won the respect of the seamen.
Further information about the family can be found in Northrepps Grandchildren by Verily Anderson, who reminds us that 8 generations had resided at 'The Hall' including Thomas Buxton of slave emancipation fame and Elizabeth ( Gurney) Fry.
It also has a school, an active village hall and playground and a busy village pub called The Foundry which is a 3 minute walk away